Sunday 27 October 2013

Yellow Colour Swatches

Splashes of Yellow

I recently did the completed a Surface Pattern Design Course by Rachel Taylor. One of our exercises was to place random objects, that we found around the house, together in colour combinations. I found myself looking at objects in a totally new light. Exploring colour in 3-D was wonderful and tactile! There is so much more variety in subtle tones within a 3-D object than in a flat colour sample. I also found myself making colour combinations that I may not normally have chosen. I found fresh new colour inspiration, which can be used in artworks or pattern design. 

I rapidly became addicted to the exercise! It is just so much fun!

Here are a couple of swatches for you, that feature different tones of yellow! 

Enjoy!



No comments: